Friday, October 30, 2015

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I hope you all had a great week! I am linking up with Cup of Tea , Della Devoted Bright on a Budget and Coffee With Caitlin!

I can't believe it's already the end of October! It's crazy to think that the year is almost over! 

This Five for Friday is going to be filled with quite a few baking things! I've tried a couple of new recipes over the last few weeks and wanted to share!

1. I made this coffee cake last weekend. It was probably one of the best things I've ever baked. It was SO good! Your family will thank you for making it...
2. Have you heard Adele's new song Hello? I really like her voice and am really enjoying the song! Check it out here!

3. I like buying (and receiving!) postcards; they're a cheap and fun souvenir! I arranged mine in a poster frame and I like how it turned out. Now I just need to find somewhere to hang it!
4. I baked an apple cake a little over a week ago. It was quite good! I definitely recommend this recipe!
5. My brother had his French friend over for dinner last week, and my brother wanted something very American, so he requested a chicken pot pie. I tried a hot water crust and it actually turned out really good! And was super easy to make! The only problem with it is that you have to work very quickly because it crumbles as it cools. I tried doing the bottom layer myself (it didn't work very well. It was pretty patched together. I rolled it too thin, and didn't use any extra flour when rolling it out because the recipe didn't say to.) but my sister helped me with the top and it went on pretty good! I definitely think I will try it again sometime.
Have a great Halloween weekend! Do you have any plans for the weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Well, there are lots of yummy things going on in this post which is right up my alley. I love coffee cake, but I've never baked one before. That apple cake and chicken pot pie looks delicious, too so thanks for sharing your recipes.

    I also like your idea for the post cards. I'll have to remember that. I don't have any plans at all for the weekend. Looks like I'll be stopping at Redbox again... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) Let me know if you try any of them!

      Redbox is always good! Hopefully you'll find a good movie! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for displaying postcards! That looks so cool! I love postcards too but I never know what to do with them... until now! :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love how it looks too! You'll have to share a picture if you ever make one!

      Delete