Wednesday, May 4, 2016

April Love With Food Box

 This month's box was a bust. I didn't like hardly anything in it. It was a little disappointing because I had high hopes for this box.

Black Rice Crackers by Laiki: These were pretty gross. Too salty and a weird flavor. I don't know why, but they reminded me of the way homemade play dough smells. They really didn't even have much flavor. 

Fruit Snacks by Tasty Brand: These were pretty good. They weren't too sticky and the flavors weren't bad. I did like these.


Gluten-Free Waffle by Honey Stinger: This was pretty good. It's soft and chewy and not a real strong cinnamon flavor. I don't really think there's much to it in terms of energy, there really isn't anything in it that would give you energy except sugar and carbs. And there is less than one gram of protein and there is 10 grams of sugar. So not exactly a healthy snack! But it does taste pretty good!

Chocolate Chip Biscotti by Biscotti Di Suzy: I found the biscotti to be disappointing. There was literally three chocolate chips in the biscotti (and they were all in the same place, not even distributed throughout the biscotti. As someone who does a lot of baking, I find that kind of annoying. Like, at least mix your dough!) The flavor just wasn't very good either. I didn't like that there was no packaging at all, that just seemed a little odd.

 Coconut Oil Kettle Cooked Potato Chips by Boulder Canyon: These were really good! And my favorite item in this month's box. I was curious to whether or not these would have a coconut flavor, but they didn't. I've purchased Boulder Canyon potato chips quite a bit in the past (but I'd never had the coconut oil ones). The chips were a little bit greasy, but the flavor was pretty good!

Blueberry Acai Flax Oatmeal Fruit Squeeze by Munk Pack: This was terrible. The texture was weird (it wasn't quite a liquid, but it wasn't like regular oatmeal), the flavor was nasty. My sister and I both tried it and we both did not like it! This got tossed in the trash.
Korean Barbeque Premium Steak Strips by Lorissa's Kitchen: I didn't care for these either. They were very tough and hard to bite through, and the flavor was too strong. My sister enjoyed them though.

Green Tea Latte Candy by Bali's Best: I wasn't really a fan of these. I don't really like hard candy or green tea in the first place, so this just wasn't something I cared for. 
I did cancel my Love With Food subscription after receiving this box. I just haven't been too excited about any of the items in either box. 3 out of 8 just isn't worth the money for me. 

Do you have a favorite or a subscription box you didn't like?

No comments:

Post a Comment