Friday, May 20, 2016

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am linking up with Cup of Tea , Della Devoted , and Bright on a Budget!

1. Our local World Market is moving, so I stopped in a picked up a few things this past week. Everything in the store was 10% off, which isn't really that great of a deal, but I had been wanting to go there for a while anyways, so regardless, I still saved a little bit of money. One of the things I bought was this cute little bird canister! I don't know why, but I really like little things with birds on them. (Cute birds, not freaky ones with murder in their eyes. You know which one's I'm talking about ;) )
2. I finally got the rest of my sister's senior pictures done earlier this week! It was really hard finding a time that worked because the light was always wrong. We finally went the other evening and the lighting was perfect! I even got to try out the 50mm lens I got for Christmas and hadn't used yet. 

For the record, I was pretty pleased with the pictures using the 50mm, I think I'm going to have to go out and play around with it some more!

3. You know how sometimes something simple can make life so much easier? I work at a desk, but I am standing and moving around all day long and my desk was really low (the desk top was just below my waist, so it's very awkward and hard on my neck looking down at a computer all the time) I had a nice surprise when I got to work yesterday because my boss finally raised the desk up a few inches! Now it's just above waist-height and so much easier on my neck! It's the small things in life, people! ;)

4. Have you ever had a Dutch Baby Pancake? If not, you NEED to try one!!! It's so buttery and doughy and delicious! We ate ours with fresh strawberries. The great thing about this is you can really eat it with anything! Chocolate, maple syrup, fresh fruit, whatever sounds good! It was so easy and extremely tasty! I used the recipe from from this cookbook. There's a lot of other recipes out there, and they're all pretty much the same, just different ratios. I think you will be pleased no matter what recipe you use, you just need to make one!
5. Earlier this week I shared a Currently post and the April Target Beauty Box review! Check those out if you missed them!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I love things with birds on them too! (But yes, not the murder-eyed ones.) That dutch baby pancake looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! That Dutch Baby pancake has me drooling again - first on IG, now here. Love it! And I generally don't like birds, but I'm ALWAYS drawn to birds for decorative items. Why?? If a bird lands near me in the great outdoors, I flip out! But put it on a pillow or a jar, and I'm sold. And most birds have murder in their eyes ;) Hope you're having a great weekend!!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pancake looks amazing!! And I'm not even a big fan of breakfast or brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big fan of breakfast either, I typically just eat a protein bar or a protein shake in the mornings as I'm heading out the door! I usually try to make something 'fun' on the days I don't have to work. It helps having siblings around who will help me eat it!

    ReplyDelete