Monday, September 12, 2016

August Love With Food box review

Iced Tea Crystals by Pique Tea: I actually didn't try this. I don't really care for tea, so this wasn't something I really wanted to try.
Crispy Rice Bar by EnviroKidz: This was just okay. Certainly not anything like a Rice Krispie Treat, but not too bad either.

Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies by Goodie Girl: I've never eaten quinoa before, but I've heard it has kind of a strong flavor, so I wasn't sure what expect with these cookies. They actually ended up tasting pretty good! They're the really crunchy kind of cookies, not soft like I prefer. But they were okay.
Fruit & Cream Smoothie Pops by Fru-licious: I was careful when I opened this and it still squirted all over. And then when I tasted it and it was just nasty! Terrible flavor, almost like those horrible liquid vitamins. It doesn't say to refrigerate it, but I think it needs to be. Definitely not something I would ever buy! 

Carnival Kettle Popcorners by Our Little Rebellion: These chips were pretty good! I don't typically like kettle corn because it is too sweet, but this had a subtle kettle flavor that I liked.

Seaweed Snacks by Ocean's Halo: All I can really say is EW! Who thought these were a good idea to include in this box? Seaweed is such an acquired taste and not something most people are going to enjoy. The texture was weird and the flavor was really off putting. BBQ is usually such a strong flavor, but all I could taste was the seaweed.
Toasted Coconut Toffee by Chimes: I didn't really care for these. I don't really like hard candy in general, but these were just not that great. I couldn't even really taste a coconut flavor, the toffee was pretty overpowering. Which was fine with me because I don't really care for coconut either!
Vanilla Powdered Peanut Butter by Peanut Butter & Co.: I didn't really care for the powdered peanut butter. I was comparing it to the peanut butter I typically buy, and, yes, this has less calories (50 per two tablespoons versus 200 of the regular peanut butter for the same amount.). But, my regular peanut butter has more protein (8 grams versus only 5 grams in this.) I added this into my protein shake in place of my regular peanut butter and it's just okay. Not sure if I really like the vanilla flavor. It wasn't really a strong flavor, but it just tasted a little odd. It made my protein shake kind of gritty. Not something I would go out and buy myself. I will just be sticking to my regular peanut butter!

Zesty Snack Mix by Sheffa: This snack mix really didn't taste all that great. Certainly not 'zesty' like the packaging advertises. It just didn't really have a whole lot of flavor at all. I just thought it was weird. 
Overall this was kind of a disappointing box. There wasn't really anything I loved, at least nothing I would go out of my way to purchase.

It seems like I get one good box, and then I'll get several duds. Not sure if I want to continue with this box anymore! The September box looks good, but I'll probably just cancel again after that. 

If you have a favorite subscription box, tell me about it in the comments! I'd love to hear some suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment