Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Ruby Beach

Ruby beach is somewhere in Washington I had wanted to visit for quite a while. My grandparents live not too far away, but we had just never made it up there before! 

It took us a little over an hour to get there, and the drive, as always, was beautiful! We were really surprised when we pulled into the parking lot just how many people were there! It was kind of disappointing to say the least. 

It was fairly warm (by Washington standards.) Meaning it was in the low 70's.

We spent a few hours walking around and exploring. The tide was coming in pretty quickly, so we didn't get to go too far out. We were surprised at how much driftwood there was everywhere! 

Once the fog started coming in, a bunch of people started leaving. So that was good. I had hoped we would see some fog (definitely not uncommon around here!) and I was happy to get some neat fog pictures. I just think the fog looks interesting and mysterious.

So, despite all the people that were there (I did quite a bit of photoshopping on some of these pictures to get rid of people!) it was still a cool place to visit. I think if we ever get out there again, hopefully we can go during the spring/fall when there wouldn't be so many tourists!

No comments:

Post a Comment