Friday, December 1, 2017

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am linking up with Cup of Tea Bright on a BudgetDella Devoted, and BYBMG!

I can't believe it's December already! We've been busy decorating for Christmas and it's just crazy to think it's already that time of year again!

1. Last week we went and saw the Murder on the Orient Express movie. My mom is an Agatha Christie fan, and while I read the book years ago, I didn't remember how it ended. My mom said it did follow the book pretty well, which is rare with movies based on books! While the movie probably won't be winning any awards, it was well done and we all enjoyed it! 

2. We had a pretty nice Thanksgiving. My dad was able to be home and my brother had two of his friends over. We never have anyone over as our family all live a ways away from us, so it was nice to have guests. 

I made a brine (I used this recipe.) for the turkey this year, which is something we've never done before. I also cooked the turkey upside down (so breast side down) and it was by far the best turkey we've ever had! It was so juicy and had great flavor. None of us really liked turkey all that much but we all really enjoyed this one and it got eaten up pretty quickly!
3. My mom and I did some shopping on Black Friday. We had to get some Christmas presents for my brother (which we did find plenty of stuff for him.) and I picked up these two items from H&M. The dress (linked to same dress but different color) was only $7! I have the same dress in purple from a couple of years ago that I really like. It fits really well, has pockets, and is the perfect length. The cardigan unfortunately wasn't on sale but I had been looking for a cardigan like this for quite a while! I really like longer cardigans, and this one is a nice knit and is just so cozy!
4. I got my Christmas shopping done this week! I have one more Amazon package I'm waiting on but otherwise I am done! All I really have left to do is wrap them all! 

5. In case you missed it, earlier this week I shared my San Francisco scrapbook as well as a review of my November Ipsy glam bag!
Hope you have a great weekend! Did you have a nice Thanksgiving? And did you do any black Friday shopping?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

1 comment:

  1. That dress is so cute! Well worth the $7! And that cardigan does look super cozy!

    ReplyDelete