Monday, May 7, 2018

Washington DC Part 1

Even though we were only in Washington DC for one day, I took quite a few pictures so I decided to break them up into two posts. 

My parents took my siblings and I on a trip to Washington DC ten years ago, but this time it was just my mom, sister, and I. We decided to just stick with the main sights since they were all around the same area that way we could just walk to everything. 

We stayed in a hotel in Largo, Maryland, and took the metro into DC. I did not want to deal with driving or parking in DC, so it was way easier to just park at the metro station and take the metro into the city. 

We took the Largo Town Metro to the Smithsonian - National Mall stop. It was about a 20-25 minute ride and took us right to the National Mall.

We started off by walking around the National Mall and admiring the sights. It was overcast, but also bright, which is the reason the lighting looks kind of weird in some of my pictures!

Anyways, from the mall we saw the Capitol building, the White House, the Washington monument, the Smithsonian castle, the World War II memorial, and the Lincoln memorial.

We walked over to the Washington monument, but it was closed for renovations until spring of 2019 so they could replace the elevator. 

We then headed over towards the Jefferson memorial.
We decided not to walk all the way to the Jefferson memorial, just close enough to take these pictures.

We had just missed the cherry blossom festival, so I was disappointed to miss out on seeing all the pretty blossoms. I did find a few trees that still had some flowers near the Jefferson memorial, so I made sure to get some pictures of those!
Next we walked over to the WWII memorial. We spent a bit of time there walking around and taking pictures. While not exactly huge, there is quite a bit to see.
Check back on Wednesday for the rest of my pictures!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

1 comment:

  1. Link exchange is nothing else except it is only placing the other person's webpage link on your page
    at proper place and other person will also do similar in favor of you.

    ReplyDelete