Monday, December 3, 2018

October Ipsy Glam Bag Review

YENSA Tone Up Primer: This primer surprised me. I don't know why but I was expecting to not really like this. I guess because I had never heard of the brand before? (Poor excuse really, but just being honest!) But I ended up liking it! It's quite tinted (a darkish tan color like the bronzer packaging in the below image.) but it blends and covers well. It evened out my skin and did a great job at reducing the appearance of pores. 

I probably wouldn't go out and purchase this on my own, but it was a great sample to receive.
THEBALM COSMETICS Take Home the Bronze in Oliver: This bronzer is okay. The color is pretty light and not very shimmery or anything. It's just okay. Nothing spectacular or anything but it's something I'll use up.
MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Liquid Foundation in R230: I liked this foundation. It was just the right color for me; which I was a bit surprised about! It is a somewhat light foundation coverage-wise, which is okay for me. I don't usually like anything too heavy or too light, just enough to kind of even out redness which this did.
APHRODITE Olive Oil Deep Cleansing Face Mask: This mask didn't have the greatest smell. And it did feel pretty oily when applying to my skin and after I washed it off. I really just didn't care for this. I didn't notice any difference in my skin after using it, but it didn't make me break out or anything either. I really just didn't like the oily feeling it left. I mean, okay, it's an olive oil mask, but I don't want to feel like I literally just put olive oil on my face, you know?
SUGAR COSMETICS It's A-Pout Time! Vivid Lipstick in Better Call Salmon: I thought this color was pretty. It's not too bright but it's not too dark either. It's just a nice color and one I can see myself using often.
I was a bit behind in posting this review as it took me a while to try out each of these products. Overall though this was a pretty decent bag with the face mask being the only item I didn't really like.

Have you tried any of these products?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

2 comments:

  1. Great post, friend! I really appreciate that you took the time to try each product to get a feel for them. I have a highlighter and blush from The Balm and really like them! I think I also have a bronzer, but it is too dark for me. I used to use the Ultra HD foundation years ago and loved it! Looking forward to your next Ipsy bag review. :)

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete