Monday, March 30, 2015

Weekend recap

Hello! How was your weekend? 
Friday we did some grocery shopping. Then came home and I made Southwestern chicken salads for dinner. That has become one of our favorite meals! I marinade the chicken in some barbecue sauce for a few hours, then grill it on the barbecuer. I then top the lettuce with grated cheddar cheese, black beans, corn, guacamole or avocados, chicken, barbecue ranch dressing, and corn chips. Very good!
After dinner we watched North by Northwest, which was okay. It wasn't the greatest movie, but it wasn't too bad either.
I made some homemade ice cream to eat while we watched our movie. I haven't made ice cream since last summer, so it was a nice treat!

Saturday I worked on some stuff around the house and then I made some soup. Quite exciting, I know. You should all be jealous ;)

That night we watched half of A Time to Kill. My mom really likes John Grisham books, so she thought we could try watching the movie. We all liked the first half and planned on watching the second half Sunday night.

I spent most of Sunday working on a project (more on that later this week!). I also went out and took some pictures. I only realized a few days ago that we have a lilac bush in our backyard. I really like lilacs and was happy to see it had started blooming! 
I also took some pictures of the cherry blossom tree in our front yard. There are a ton of cherry trees in my neighborhood, and the blossoms are so pretty to look at!
Sunday evening we watched the rest of A Time to Kill. I thought it was a pretty good movie. It was a really long movie, but good!

Did you do anything fun or exciting this past weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment