Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Corn & black bean guacamole

I really like Chipotle's guacamole (who doesn't?) and I also really like California Pizza Kitchen's corn guacamole. So, I started thinking about combining the two and I came up with this! My sister and I have been eating it a lot. It is just so good!
Corn and black bean guacamole

3/4 cup frozen corn
2/3 can black beans (rinsed)
2 large avocados
juice of one lime or about 3 tablespoons
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 tblspoons chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder or 1 clove garlic

1. Cook corn according to package directions. Drain water and set in refrigerator to cool.

2. Remove the pit and peel from avocados, place into a bowl and mash. I don't like mine too chunky, but if you prefer a chunkier guacamole, that is fine too!

3. Slice and juice your lime or add the lime juice to the avocados.

4. Finely dice the cilantro and add to the mashed avocados.

5. Finely dice onion. You can add it to the avocados raw, or you can saute it until translucent. I do not like the taste of raw onion, so I prefer to saute mine. Then add to the avocados.

6. Add corn, black beans, salt, pepper, and garlic powder or clove of garlic to avocados and stir together. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment