Monday, December 19, 2016

November Sephora Play! Bag


GLAMGLOW THIRSTYCLEANSE Daily Hydrating Treatment: This has a nice scent to it, like coconut sunscreen. Once I put it on my skin though, it had a mild burning feel to it, so that wasn't super great. It's a thick formula, so it doesn't absorb into your skin very well. It instead just left my skin feeling sticky and gross. My skin is not particularly dry and is somewhat sensitive, and this was just not great for me. It wasn't hydrating and just after putting it on I could see my face starting to break out, which is not at all normal for me!
SEPHORA COLLECTION Ultra Shine Lip Gel in Pin Up Pink: They aren't kidding about the ultra shine, the gloss is very shiny and glossy! I'm not a huge fan of lip gloss, I prefer lipstick, but this was okay. The color looks really bright in the tube and I thought it would be too bold, but once I put it on it was more of a subtle pink. It also has a nice light vanilla-ey flavor.
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Rose Gold: This was okay. I wasn't expecting to like it too much, but once I put it on it didn't look too bad. You only need a little bit, otherwise the color is too bright and shimmery, which looks funny. Not something I would use on a regular basis, but if you are in a hurry it's quick and easy to just swipe some on.
Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet: I really liked this moisturizer! It's really lightweight, but still very moisturizing. The formula is oil free, which is what I usually look for in a moisturizer. I have somewhat sensitive skin, and this worked great for me. It left my skin feeling soft and it did seem to reduce redness on my face. The scent wasn't the greatest, kind of a powdery smell, but it was very subtle and really not very noticeable. I think this is the one product from this box that I might actually go out and buy. Although it is a little expensive, so if you know of anything similar, let me know!
COVER FX Illuminating Primer: I didn't really notice any difference after applying this. It's supposed to be illuminating, but I thought it just made my skin look more oily than anything else. Not really a fan.
MAISON MARGIELA ’REPLICA’ Lipstick On: I really didn't care for this perfume. It has a very odd smell, I can't even think of anything it smells similar to because I've never smelled anything quite like it. Maybe kind of a old powdery scent. It doesn't have that strong perfumey smell like a lot of perfumes have, but it's just not for me.
So after two boxes I decided to cancel my Sephroa Play subscription. I just wasn't very excited about most of the items I received. They seem to lean more toward skincare type products whereas I prefer more makeup. 

Have you tried Sephora Play? What did you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment