Friday, January 12, 2018

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am linking up with Cup of Tea Bright on a BudgetDella Devoted, and BYBMG!

1. On Monday I got my hair cut. I don't know why I always put off doing that but it really needed to get done. My hair had just gotten so long and the ends were looking bad, so it was definitely time! I got about 4 inches cut off and I am really liking the length now! 

2. Last week I joined a book launch team which is where I help to promote a book once it is released by posting reviews in different places. I had to create an account through NetGalley which is a site where you can pick books to review before they are released to help promote the books. I've already been approved for two book! They're a little pickier than other sites I've used about who exactly gets to review books, but it's kind of fun to be able to do! I love to read so getting free books is always a great thing!

And I also added a Book Reviews tab on the sidebar if anyone is interested!

3. My mom got a new sewing machine a couple of weeks ago and has been doing a few projects. She made a couple of cosmetic bags and she just made this one for me! We went shopping and I picked out this cute fabric. I really like how the bag turned out!
4. I've been reading through the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban illustrated edition and I am so enjoying the illustrations! If you are a Harry Potter fan and have not looked into the illustrated versions, you are so missing out! I mean, just look at the artwork! It's so beautiful! I have the first two books as well and while the Prisoner of Azkaban isn't my favorite art-wise, it's still well done. And the illustrated versions are the British versions of the books, so it's a bit different (in a good way!) than the American English ones.
5. In case you missed it, I shared a review of my December Ipsy glam bag as well as a book review!
Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

8 comments:

  1. BTW, you might really like the Harry Potter and the Sacred Text podcast, if you don't already listen to it. One of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I really need to check out the illustrated HP! I've been wanting to start yet another reread.
    Love Netgalley! It's so hard not to request a billion books because I always seem to be behind on reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that cosmetic bag. I wish I knew how to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makeup bag is so cute! My friend recently decided she wants to learn to sew and has been posting her trials and tribulations, which has been cracking me up. It seems so hard! How does it magically produce a real live bag?! (Obviously, I can't sew haha.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should definitely check them out! It's fun looking through a picture book, almost like being a kid again haha! I know, right? I have three now I need to read and review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of that one, but I love listening to podcasts so I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't sew either, so it's nice to have a mom that does!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is! And it's fun being able to go to a store and find the perfect fabric too. I know, right? It's definitely a time consuming hobby and it's amazing how much work goes into something seemingly simple!

    ReplyDelete