Monday, January 8, 2018

December Ipsy Glam Bag Review

TRÈSTIQUE  Mini Brow Pencil in Americano: I found the color of this to be just right for me. And while the product is easy to use, it does take a little while to apply. The color doesn't go on very easily and I have to go over my brows quite a few times to see any color. Once it's applied though it lasts all day and I like how it looks. I have very sparse brows so this does a good job. Unlike other products I've used this does not look streaky and it has a very natural look. Overall a nice product. 
DIRTY LITTLE SECRET COSMETICS Eyeshadow Crayon in Fetch: I really like the idea of an eyeshadow crayon, as I think it would be perfect for traveling, but I didn't care for this color. It just looked too pinkish/orange and shimmery and didn't look good on me.
SMASHBOX COSMETICS Be Legendary Lipstick in Legendary: I liked this lipstick. I was a little disappointed that the color wasn't quite as bold on as it looked in the tube (it went on lighter than I would have liked.) but overall I liked it. It is a creamy consistency so it did run a bit (will have to try a lip liner next time.). It also wiped off really easily and I didn't notice it to be drying, which is an issue I typically find with lipsticks. 
M·A·C  In Extreme Dimension Lash Mascara in Black Extreme: I really didn't care for this mascara! I like trying new mascaras despite the fact I am picky about them. The biggest complaint about this one is the bristles on the brush are SO sharp! It's like a bunch of tiny knives stabbing you in the eye if you happen to get too close to the lash root. 

It does a good job at separating the lashes, but it doesn't lengthen or make my lashes look full. This mascara also is not buildable. I  put on multiple coats and it didn't really look like I was wearing any at all. I also thought the packaging was pretty cheap looking for a higher end brand. I mean it was literally a tube. Like a tube of toothpaste or something.
FEEL Brilliant Bamboo Charcoal Facial Sheet Mask: This sheet mask was okay. Since it's charcoal I thought it would be messy but the serum is actually clear (although the sheet itself is black). My skin was quite red after using (like it was irritating my skin) but I didn't notice any itchiness or dryness. I really didn't notice any difference after using this mask. I probably won't use the second one.
Overall this was a pretty decent bag. There weren't really any stand out products for me. Just an okay bag.

Have you tried any of these products? Let me know in the comments!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I just can't seem to give it up though lol. It is nice to get something fun every month, even if I don't happen to always like what I get! Like, why do the mascara wands have to be so sharp? Is it supposed to be a multi purpose tool? GREAT FOR APPLYING MASCARA AND ALSO FOR STABBING PESKY INTRUDERS.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/fKk2I5iiWGN0I/giphy.gif

    ReplyDelete