Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Salt Lake City Trip & Ikea Haul

The weekend before Easter my mom, sister, and I decided to make a trip down to Salt Lake City. We had been wanting to go to Ikea for a while and Salt Lake City is the closest one to us. My sister was also pretty excited about going to In-N-Out!

The drive down was fine until we started getting close to Salt Lake City, then it just started pouring down rain. We decided to drive to our hotel first, then we headed over to the mall to do some shopping and walk around.

After shopping we went to In-N-Out for dinner (which was delicious!). It was still early so we drove over to a Super Target to walk around. 

I picked up this mascara that I have seen quite a few people talking about, and also this lace trim cami

We then headed back to our hotel room to watch some tv before going to bed.
Today was our Ikea day! We woke up and headed across the street to get some coffee at Starbucks. I had to correct the barista three times while placing the order because she kept reading a completely different drink back to me (I just order a vanilla iced coffee with light ice. Nothing fancy!) I get to the window to pay and the guy tells me the wrong drink, so I correct him as well, pay, get my drink and leave. We start heading down the road and I take a sip and it is totally NOT my drink! We turn around and head back to get the right drink (I ended up with a chai tea latte. Yuck!) After returning again I finally end up with the right drink and we are on our way. 

Now, I am very patient with people at places, I've worked retail, my sister works for a fast food place and I totally understand that people can make mistakes, but seriously. It was like no one knew what in the world they were doing. 

Anyways, we finally made it to Ikea and decided to eat breakfast in their cafe. We had gotten breakfast there before and it's actually pretty good. My sister and I both got the Swedish American breakfast and it was only $2 for a full plate of food. Pretty cheap and it was actually pretty good! I couldn't even eat everything.

We spent the morning walking around and checking everything out. If you have never been to Ikea there is a LOT to see there! 

After Ikea we had planned on going for a hike, but the weather was pretty cold, windy, and rainy, so we went back to the mall so we could just walk around there. We had lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, then headed to another mall to walk around some more. Since it was Sunday and the weather was bad, there just really wasn't much for us to do. We ended up just heading back to our room after that.
The next morning we went back to Ikea for breakfast and also to pick up a couple of more things my mom wanted. We stayed there for the morning, then went to In-N-Out again for lunch, picked up some cupcakes at a cupcake shop nearby and then we started the long drive back home.
It had snowed the previous night so I was a bit worried about the roads. Since we didn't leave until after lunch the temperature had gone up and roads were fine. The hills all around us sure were pretty though!
Here is what I got while we were at Ikea:





KORKEN Jar - set of 3 | Larger jar



http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

No comments:

Post a Comment