Friday, April 27, 2018

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am linking up with Cup of Tea Bright on a BudgetDella Devoted, and BYBMG!

1. This has been an interesting week. We got back from being in Washington DC last week and I am still dragging a bit. For some reason it has been really hard getting back to 'normal' life after being gone for a few days. 

So this week has been spent getting caught up on sleep, grocery shopping, and other random things.

2. I wouldn't necessarily say I collect the Starbucks You Are Here mugs, but I do enjoy checking them out when I travel. Some of them are pretty ugly (Like the Seattle one) or uninteresting, but I really liked the Washington DC one so I had to purchase it! I liked that it even featured the cherry blossoms.
3. Another thing I bought while in DC was this vintage postcard pack. I don't typically buy souvenirs since they are usually pretty expensive (I do like practical or useful things though) but I always like to find fun postcards. I really like anything that isn't just a photograph (since I can take my own pictures of things). Vintage postcards are my favorite, so I was happy to find this! I'm planning on displaying them in a frame with some other postcards that I have.
4. While in DC we had to stop by Shake Shack!  We ate at a Shake Shack for the first time when we were in London and really enjoyed it, so we were excited to stop by again while in DC! (We ate at the Pentagon City location) The fries are just perfection. Perfectly crispy and not greasy. And the burgers were pretty good too!  
5. Since getting back the weather pretty much skipped spring and went straight to summer. It's been in the 70°'s this week, with yesterday getting up to 83° and today is supposed to be 87°

But tomorrow the temperatures go back down into the 60°'s, which is a lot more comfortable!

Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

5 comments:

  1. Those fries look amazing! I have never been to DC but have always wanted to go. I’m hoping to make it happen in ge next couple of years! I love the postcards and you’re totally right, souvenirs are just way too expensive. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I haven't been to Shake Shack yet, but those burgers and fries look so yummy!

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Starbucks mugs always make me smile. I think I got the Philly one back in 2015, maybe? The DC one is really cute--I love that they incorporated the cherry blossoms too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were really good! It's definitely a fun place. There are SO many things to do and see! I think you would really enjoy DC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! You should give Shake Shack a try if you are ever near one! They're pretty good! If you are a fan of crispy fries, you will really like them!

    ReplyDelete