Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter Recap

Our Easter was fairly uneventful and quite, but it was nice we could all be together. My dad is home so that has been really nice! 

Saturday night my sister and I dyed eggs. The colors in this kit were kind of ugly and didn't look quite as nice as we would have liked. But we had fun dying the eggs and we had a bit of a funny moment when my sister dropped an egg into the dye cup which splashed pink dye all over the counter. She gasped really loud, looked at the mess, then put her head in her hands and started laughing.
I decided to do brunch Easter morning as my brother had been in Chicago for a school trip and would be getting back super late (2am!) Sunday morning, and also, we thought my dad was going to have to leave Sunday but he ended up not having to yet so it all worked out okay. 

Anyways, I made some cinnamon rolls, a breakfast strata, bacon, and my mom made a fruit salad. I'd never done brunch before, so I wasn't exactly certain on what to fix! The strata was pretty good, I used this recipe but left out the cheese as I am not really a cheese fan. I also added some sliced mushrooms and sautéed onions. 
After breakfast we just kind of hung out around the house and talked. 
Overall we had a nice, albeit quite, day! 

Did you have a nice Easter?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

No comments:

Post a Comment