Friday, June 8, 2018

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am linking up with Cup of Tea Bright on a BudgetDella Devoted, and BYBMG!

1. We had a bit of a scary moment last weekend when we discovered we had a gas leak in our garage. My mom had opened the door to go out into the garage (this was at 9:30 in the evening on a Sunday) and noticed it smelled really strongly of natural gas. My mom called the gas company and we had to wait almost an hour for someone to come out. Apparently it was the furnace which was leaking gas. Luckily we noticed it right away! We do have a carbon monoxide detector in our house near the door to the garage, so we would have known if there was a serious problem, but I can't recommend enough to make sure you have one! 

2. I saw this flower at an outdoor mall a few weeks ago and thought I would share! I don't know what it is, but there were a bunch of them growing on a tree. They sure are pretty though!
3. Interesting story from the other night...I was having trouble getting to sleep and I get to that point where I'm just about to finally fall asleep when all of a sudden there is a loud crash in my room. I jump out of bed and realize that my stupid bulletin board came crashing down. Now, that thing has been hanging in my room for FOUR YEARS. And for some stupid reason it picked that moment for the string to snap and for it to come crashing down. I was just glad it didn't break anything as it was hanging above a storage unit thing and I have some glass jars and stuff there. But needless to say I did not get to sleep very quickly after that! 

4. I bought these pants from H&M a few weeks ago (they look way better on and in person than they do in the below image!) and I am struggling to figure out what shoes to wear with them. I'll wear sandals during warmer months, but what shoes do you wear when it's colder? I am so not a shoe person (I mean, I wear them, haha, but shoes just aren't really my thing I guess.)
5. And in case you  missed it, on Monday I shared a Currently post, and on Wednesday I shared a book review! Be sure to check those out!

Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

2 comments:

  1. That is so scary about the gas leak! My dad used to work for the gas company out here, so he is very diligent about those things and used to have to go out and do those kinds of repairs. I'm glad you guys are okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm glad it wasn't inside the house or anything. The furnace hasn't been on in months, so we were surprised that the leak was coming from there!

    ReplyDelete