Friday, June 1, 2018

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am linking up with Cup of Tea Bright on a BudgetDella Devoted, and BYBMG!

1. Since it's been a couple of weeks since I posted a Five for Friday, I had talked about my sister graduating last time and now she's all graduated! She got her AA and graduated with a double major in political science and criminal justice. She also graduated summa cum laude! Unlike with my brother's graduation where they were reading the names so fast that they got out of order and I didn't get any pictures, my sister got to walk across the stage and shake hands with the school president. So this time I was able to get some pictures! 

She wanted a funfetti cake so I happily made one for her. Congrats Hannah!
2. We have had storms almost every night for the past 2-3 weeks. It's really odd and out of character for here! They're nothing too serious, just really dark clouds, thunder and lightning, wind, some rain, and sometimes hail. I don't mind storms, but it is really weird to be getting them every single night!

3. I finally got around to backing up my blog. I never even knew you could do that, but I came across an article that was talking about it and I figured I should probably do it! I've read of several bloggers who have had issues and almost lost everything, so don't be that person! Here is how to do it with blogger, and here is how to do it with Wordpress.

4. Did you know you can take clothes to H&M for them to recycle? I had heard about their program quite a while ago, but had never taken anything there until earlier this week. I had a few items that were either stained or not in very good shape (so not worth donating) and you just take them there and they give you a 15% off coupon for them. Apparently they'll take clothes in any condition. So considering what I brought was stuff I would have just thrown away, it's nice to get something for them and know they'll be recycled. 

5. And in case you missed it, on Wednesday I shared some pictures from a hike we took last weekend!
Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

6 comments:

  1. The funfetti cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks amazing!! Congrats to your sister! And I didn't know that about H&M! I'll keep that in mind because I definitely have some stuff that is ready for the recycle bin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your sister! That is fantastic, and your cake looks AMAZING! Would love if you shared how you made and decorated it. :)
    I have heard that about H&M before, but I needed that reminder! I am moving back to the states soon and need to clean out my closet. I will definitely try to donate some items!

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was really good! Thanks! She's pretty happy to be done with school for a bit! She's planning on taking a year off, then going to university for two more years. Even though the discount is only 15%, it's nice to know that my clothes are going to be recycled instead of just thrown in the garbage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I really should do a post on cake decorating, it is actually pretty simple! This tool: https://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Icing-Spatula-13-Inch-Angled/dp/B00F0A6FYU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1529079231&sr=8-3&keywords=wilton+cake+spatula
    is pretty helpful at smoothing out the sides. For the top I just pressed the tip into the center of the frosting, angled it slightly and then rotated the cake plate to get the swirl on top.
    This kit: https://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Cupcake-Decorating-Icing-12-Piece/dp/B00IE6Z4J4/ref=sr_1_10?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1529079361&sr=1-10&keywords=wilton+cake+decorating+tips
    Also has some good tools

    ReplyDelete