Friday, April 19, 2019

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am linking up with Bright on a BudgetDella Devoted, and Andrea!

1. We went out to Virginia Beach on Tuesday and spent the day around there. First we stopped at the new Ikea in Norfolk. It was SO crazy busy! We didn't think it would be too bad on a Tuesday, a week after opening, but we sure were wrong! We did get a few things though. My mom bought this chair for the living room, and I got a couple small storage containers.

After Ikea we drove out to the beach to walk around a bit. It was warm out and a beautiful day (I didn't edit these pictures at all! The sky was really that blue!)

After walking around the beach we stopped by Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, then had dinner at Jason's Deli and drove home. It was a fun day and it's always nice to get out of the house for a bit!
2. I was at Walmart a couple of weeks ago and found these cute Easter sprinkles (I can't pass on sprinkles.) So since I had sprinkles to use I had to make some cupcakes!
3. Our small group had an ice cream night on Wednesday which was fun. I made homemade caramel and hot fudge (I used this hot fudge recipe.) and our small group leader went all out with tons of toppings.

After ice cream sundaes we played Scribblish and Apples to Apples! It's been a long time since I've played games so it was a fun evening!
4. We are supposed to get some really intense storms tonight which should be interesting! Rain, hail, wind, lightning, and tornadoes are all in the forecast. This is the first time we've lived somewhere where tornadoes are something to be worried about so it's a little unnerving! One storm is supposed to come through this afternoon and the worst storm is supposed to come through tonight. Hopefully everything will be okay!

Hope you have a great Easter weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

4 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look delicious! I can not get over the amazing blues in those ocean pictures. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sprinkles are so cute and fun for spring!! Your beach pics are stunning! I am ready for summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cupcakes were really delicious! I grew up in Washington state where the sky, ocean, and sand were all shades of gray, so it's always surprising to me to see such pretty blues at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought so too! I really didn't need any more sprinkles, but I just couldn't pass them up! Thanks! I hear Virginia Beach is a nightmare in the summer with all the tourists, so I like being able to visit when it's not so crowded!

    ReplyDelete