Monday, April 1, 2019

Visiting the Outer Banks Part 3


This day could be summed up as the day of the dolphins! My parents booked an oceanside room and the dolphins were a nice surprise!

I was sitting in bed looking out at the ocean and I kept seeing something small and dark in the water, as well as little bursts of air. I knew it had to be a dolphin or something, but wasn't sure it could really be true! Fortunately, my dad brought along some binoculars and I took a closer look. Sure enough, there was a pod of dolphins right outside the room!

We watched the dolphins for a while, and once we were dressed for the day we headed down to the beach and watched them for a bit more before getting into the car and starting our day.
We first wanted to drive down to Hatteras lighthouse. We didn't stick around too long, just took some pictures before heading over to the nearby beach.
We hung out at the beach for a little while, just walking around, collecting shells, and taking pictures. 

We also saw some more dolphins! They were pretty close to the beach so I was happy to be able to get quite a few pictures of them!
Our next stop was Ocracoke island. We had to take a ferry over to Ocracoke, which took about 45 minutes. It was around lunch time, so we ate our lunch on the ferry ride. 

We headed to the lighthouse first, which we decided was the ugliest lighthouse we had seen. It was kind of in a weird location as it was down like a residential street with houses all around it.

Next, we headed to the beach! Where we saw more dolphins! These dolphins were really close to the beach too, so I took quite a few pictures of them. It was really neat to see!
One thing I have to mention, the day we were leaving I was sitting in bed looking out at the ocean when I saw a humpback whale! I saw something dark moving around in the water but it looked too big to be a dolphin, but surely it couldn't be a whale, could it? But the, seeing its tail, I grabbed my dad's binoculars and took a look. Sure enough, it was a whale! I couldn't believe it! Needless to say I am glad we had an oceanside room as it was so cool to be able to see all the dolphins and the whale!

We enjoyed our quick getaway to the Outer Banks and I'm glad we were able to go! Saying that though, we decided that we weren't sure if we would ever go back. It was a nice place to visit once but we weren't so blown away by it that we just have to go back again, you know?  

Have you ever been to the Outer Banks? 
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

2 comments:

  1. So very beautiful. Thanks for sharing it. I would love to visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very nice place to visit! I would definitely recommend visiting if you ever get the chance.

    ReplyDelete