Monday, April 22, 2019

Visiting the National Arboretum Part 1

A couple of weeks ago we took a trip out to the National Arboretum in Washington DC to explore. After our visit to the National Cherry Blossom Festival and seeing the insane crowds at the tidal basin, we wanted to get some more cherry blossom pictures somewhere away from all the craziness. Fortunately my mom had read that the National Arboretum had over 40 varieties of cherry blossoms and way less crowds.

I'm always up for a place with less crowds, so we were pleasantly surprised to find the arboretum had hardly anyone there! The weather was great too! It was warm and sunny with a few clouds which was perfect for taking pictures!

After arriving at the arboretum we sat in the car to eat our lunch, then we began exploring the grounds. The arboretum covers 446 acres and has a total of 9.5 miles of trails. 

I took quite a few pictures so I decided to just split them up into two blog posts so it wasn't quite so overwhelming!
Have you ever visited an arboretum?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely place to visit. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place and you got some amazing shots of the trees and flowers!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a very nice place to visit! I'm glad you enjoyed my pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was very beautiful! I am really glad I was able to visit!

    ReplyDelete