Monday, January 31, 2022

Currently

Reading - I've read a few books lately. I finished Saving Mrs. Roosevelt by Candice Sue Patterson which I thought was pretty good. 

And I also just finished re-reading a couple of books: Everywhere to Hide (I liked it just as much the second time around as I did the first!) and All Manner of Things by Susie Finkbeiner (I also enjoyed this just as much as I did the first time around. It's just such a beautiful book!)

WatchingDateline, Shark Tank, Undercover Boss, Home Town, Fixer to Fabulous, The Chase, The Amazing Race (so glad this show is back on again!). 

I've also been watching The Book of Boba Fett on Disney+. I was starting to get a little disappointed with it but this last episode was really good!

Eating - I made these peanut butter cup fudge brownies a couple of weeks ago and they were not as good as I was hoping. I halved the recipe since I was the only one eating them but they were just okay. The ganache was too heavy on the brownies which made them really gooey. I mean, I like a gooey brownie and all but these were even too gooey for me. I liked the peanut butter part though! 

I liked the idea and I think I would make them again but use my own brownie recipe and maybe use a chocolate buttercream instead of ganache.

Working on - I actually started working on a scrapbook page today. It's been quite a while since I've done any scrapbooking and one of the things I wanted to work on this year was doing more of that.

FinishingCleaning and organizing my room. I've gone through my closet and dresser and gotten rid of some things, sorted through some boxes, dusted, rearranged, and just done lots of tidying up! I'm about finished now and I'm glad to have that task done.

Buying - I haven't really bought much lately, but I did order some coffee from Peet's last week. The Ethiopian Fancy is my favorite but I also ordered a couple bags of the Baridi blend to try.

Trying - We tried a new-to-us burger place last week for dinner. We went to Wayback Burgers and thought it was pretty good. It's definitely not the best burger I've ever had but pretty good for the price. Definitely better than a fast-food burger but not as good as maybe a restaurant burger. And it doesn't beat The Habit (one of our favorites!) since they sadly don't have any locations near us!

What have you been up to lately?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting back to scrapbooking! I did a bit last month and have a pile of photos sitting here that keep reminding me I need at least another few days to get caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been somewhat busy, but fortunately it has been with good things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! It's been nice to be inspired to start doing it again. Hopefully you'll get all caught up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, peanut butter cup fudge brownies sound AMAZING. I wish I had any will to bake currently, haha! (I used to be much more into baking!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The idea sounded amazing but unfortunately the recipe wasn't as great! You could probably just used boxed brownies with a ganache or frosting and then add some peanut butter cups on top!

    ReplyDelete