Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Hiking the Glassy Mountain Trail

Back in November my mom and I drove up to the Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site to do some hiking. We hiked several of the trails, one of which went to to the top of Glassy Mountain. (Mountain is a term I use very loosely here. Being from the Pacific Northwest we have a very different definition of what a mountain is!)

But anyways, we mostly wanted to see the fall colors. We had gone for a hike a couple of weeks prior and the colors weren't quite there yet, so we were happy to see during our drive up that the trees had really turned! 

Pictures really don't do it justice. I had never seen trees as colorful as these! It was so pretty! The way the light reflected off the leaves cast a pretty golden hue on everything. 

We really enjoyed the colorful leaves even though the view at the top of Glassy Mountain wasn't quite what we were expecting. You could see out for a long ways, but the view was mostly obscured by the tall trees which was a bit disappointing. 

There were very few people out on the trail which made it nice for taking lots of pictures and we still managed to get in a little over 5 miles. 
Were you able to enjoy any of the fall colors this past year?
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

4 comments:

  1. Oh I just love all the fall colors! Fall is my favorite time of year to hike just for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just such a great hike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is my favorite season to hike in too! I had never really seen fall colors like this until I moved to the east coast. In Washington state you don't have many leafy trees, so everything is just green year round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really was a great hike! I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete