Friday, February 16, 2018

Five for Friday

Hello and welcome to my Five for Friday! I am linking up with Cup of Tea , Bright on a BudgetDella Devoted, and BYBMG!

1. We don't typically do much for Valentine's day, but I did make a cake! I made a chocolate cake with pink Oreo frosting and chocolate ganache. It turned out really good and my family really enjoyed it! I also made heart shaped pizzas for dinner which was fun!
2. I've been working hard to get through all of the tabs on the sidebar and edit them. This week I worked my way through the Travel tab, so now it should be easier to find posts and have them in order! I always find those kind of projects to be SO time consuming, but it I like how it looks after it's done.

3. I finally got my mini waffle maker earlier this week! Which meant we had breakfast for dinner so I could use it. I don't know why but mini waffles are so much more fun than regular sized waffles. But maybe that is just me, I always seem to like the mini version of any food item!
4. Earlier this week I came home and my mom was going through some boxes trying to find something. She came across these emergency preparedness boxes full of things you would need in an emergency. I mean, we live in the Northwest, you need these kind of things in case of an earthquake. The problem is they expired in 1999! Why we still had them I don't know. But of course I wanted to open it and see what was inside. There was this solid block that was maybe 8"x8" in size, which was the "food" packet which I carefully opened. It was hard as a rock and dotted with mold. I don't know why I had to open it but it was one of the most disgusting things I have ever smelled! "Food" is not a term I would have used to describe it even if it wasn't moldy and gross. It was this disgusting yellow/brown color and the ingredients were just a bunch of vitamins and minerals and stuff. Which yes, those things are good for you but they don't exactly make food. Even if it was an emergency I would rather starve haha. 

5. So I only got one post up this week. On Monday I posted a review of my January Target beauty box.
Hope you have a great weekend!
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

6 comments:

  1. The cake looks delicious. I made a pink cake for Valentine's day too. The cake I made was cherry flavored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks awesome! ...way better than that so-called “food”, haha. I don’t think we’ve ever had any sort of emergency preparedness box, which now makes me wonder if we should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow that cake looks delicious!! Love that mini waffle maker, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was! I bet your cherry cake was really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! It was really good! And the mini waffle maker is really fun! I've already used it several times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I know, right? Who doesn't want to eat a vitamin brick in an emergency haha

    ReplyDelete