Monday, February 12, 2018

Target Beauty Box - Best of Boots Review


I haven't gotten a Target beauty box in quite a while. This one, though, featured some of Boot's (a UK pharmacy) bestsellers from top British brands. 
Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Body Butter: This body butter is okay. It's a bit greasy (which I expected) and really creamy, but it was the strong scent that I didn't like. I put some on at night and the next morning it was still just as strong.
Soap & Glory Sexy XXL Lip Gloss: I don't really care for lip gloss in the first place as I don't like the greasy slimy feeling of it, but I did not like this lip gloss at all. When a lip gloss has a CAUTION: THIS LIP GLOSS WILL TINGLE on the back I was a bit skeptical, but I was not expecting to feel like I just rubbed hot peppers all over my lips. It felt more like a burning sensation than tingling. I don't know why anyone would like that? Not for me.

Sleek MakeUP Eyeshadow Palette: I liked this eyeshadow palette. I've actually never had a palette with this many colors. Reason being the cost vs. assortment of colors I would actually use doesn't typically work for me. I actually liked almost all the colors in this one and it has been fun to play around with. The colors are bold and long lasting. I also haven't really noticed any creasing after wearing all day.

When I ordered this I wasn't expecting some giant full sized palette, but I was not expecting it to be so tiny either! I had to get a picture with something for reference because it's practically doll sized.
No7 Restore & Renew Face & Neck Multi Action Serum: I liked this serum okay. The formula is creamy and it rubs in well. It felt nice and light on my skin and didn't irritate my skin at all. I probably wouldn't pay full price for it, but I liked the sample.
No7 Airbrush Away Primer: I thought this primer did a pretty good job. I am always interested in primers that will reduce the appearance of pores and this worked well. I've been using the Maybelline Instant Pore Eraser and I just don't care for it. This one is much better! It's not quite as good at minimizing pores as I would like, but it's not too bad. It's more of a cream instead of a gel and doesn't have a nasty smell like the Maybelline one does.
Botanics Shine Away Iconic Clay Mask - Willowbark: This mud mask was super runny! Like, trying to rub water on your face. It was running all down my hand and was very messy. I was not expecting that as most mud masks are, you know, mud consistency. That said, I did like the mask. It did seem to work well and was gentle on my skin. It wasn't drying either. I also liked that you only have to leave it on for 10 minutes, so it's great if you want to just put it on before a shower or don't have a lot of time.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even realize that Target had a beauty box. There are so many interesting subscription boxes available!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target's comes out usually the first Monday of every month. It's not a subscription so you can either purchase it or skip it (which is nice since they don't always have good stuff in them.) They range in price from $5 to $10, so they're pretty cheap.

    ReplyDelete