Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Recent Purchases 12

1. Mid Rise Jean Leggings in Medium-Dark Wash: I have had a hard time trying to finding dark wash skinny jeans since American Eagle apparently no long sells the ones I liked. So I decided to give these a try. I sized up because usually jeggings can fit pretty snug but these are pretty stretchy so I could've gotten away with going with my normal size. These are also pretty soft which is nice.

I purchased them on sale, but I don't know that I like them enough to buy them again. They're just okay. I don't really like wearing jeans that much in general because I find them to be uncomfortable, and I really don't want to spend too much money on them, but I like having at least one good pair of jeans! So I guess I am still sort of on the search for a good, affordable pair!

2. Women's UA Velocity Twist Short Sleeve in Cinna Red: I picked this tee up while we were at the Under Armour outlet store a while back and I really like it. I like that it's a thicker material and is a bit longer in length. I have a hard time with a lot of athletic tees because they seem to be very short and have cap sleeves, which I don't like, so I was very glad to find this one! 

3. High Waist Shorts in Light blue/purple floral: These were a hard no! I bought a dress in the exact same print last year so I thought I would give these shorts a try but they looked horrible on! The waist fit okay but the legs were so wide they just looked very unflattering. You could almost fit two legs in one leg hole! Anyways, I returned these! It's so difficult to find shorts that fit well!

4. EveryWear Printed Slub-Knit T-Shirt for Women: I ordered some things from Old Navy while they were doing a 50% off sale a while back and ended up returning everything. This tee looked cute online but the color was more periwinkle in color than a light blue, and the cut was rather frumpy looking. I really liked the floral pattern but was disappointed in the fit.

5. Women's Ribbed Bodysuit in Purple: I purchased this on a whim as I've been attempting to find some bodysuits to wear with skirts. It's hard to keep a top tucked into a skirt and a lot of the time it looks lumpy, so I figured I should start trying to find bodysuits! I did size up and definitely recommend that. I also purchased this in white and the white was very see-through so I returned that one. Anyways, the price is great ($12!) and it fits pretty well.

6. Tie Belt Shirt Dress in black: I really liked the floral pattern of this dress but unfortunately it was sold out in my size in that pattern so I decided to just go with the black since I still liked the style. I ordered my regular size and it fit fine. I ended up seeing the floral pattern in store and decided it didn't look as nice as I thought it would, so I'm glad I got the black! It fits nicely and I like the tie belt to make it more flattering. It's listed as a maxi length, but on me it's kind of between a maxi and a midi, so I'll probably have my mom hem it so it's more of a midi length. Besides that the dress is pretty lightweight so it should be nice for summer

7. Button front dress in cream/small flowers: This was an immediate buy. The cut/style was perfect and the print is just so pretty! I initially ordered it in my regular size and it came damaged and was also a little too small, so I exchanged it for a larger size and that one is too big. The material is incredibly thin (like almost see through!) so while I love the style of the dress I'm disappointed that it didn't work out. 

Have you purchased anything new lately? 
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDiaryOfNicoleAlicia

6 comments:

  1. What a bummer; I hate when I am struggling to find clothes and end up returning more items than I keep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I loved the look of that last dress so I appreciate your honest review. Visiting you from the encouraging hearts and home link up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is definitely frustrating. So many of the styles right now are so odd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did too! I was so disappointed it didn't work out! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sad those floral shorts didn't work out. The pattern/color scheme is so pretty--and perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know! I was disappointed they didn't work out but I do have a dress I got last year in the exact same print, so at least I can still enjoy it on the dress!

    ReplyDelete